Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Sounds of a Waiting Room



In an office full of despair, desperation, sickness and poverty
two white moths dance.
There is a hollow view from inside,
all I want is to be outside,
but I am in a room
waiting…
A child’s smile breaks through my meditative observance.
He doesn’t care about where he is,
his gentle persona fills the room with a different energy.
He drifts into his dad with such love
it melts me to my very core.
All of a sudden the tiny world I am in becomes large.
This beautiful child
with a beautiful aura in a deformed body
lit up the room so brightly
I had to close my eyes.
My tiny world.
My tiny, tiny world Rocked and riveted –
Mesmerized, transfix, I was drawn to a situation I know nothing about yet,
I learned so much from his extraordinary presence.
Suspended in time for a moment
my “wait” was completely minimized
compared to the journey of a lifetime that this child had already taken.
-debbie lynn


No comments: