Monday, January 5, 2015

OPEN TO BE OPEN....

I am an ordinary soul but have no interest in living an ordinary life

When I say I love life, it doesn’t mean I don’t have problems or heartache, it means I don’t let that stuff get in my way.

I live the way most will never understand. I have paid my dues and then some but it didn’t make me bitter, only stronger…. and it did not happen over night, or on bended knees. It was a long time coming to meet what unfolds everyday, and taking my limits to the bitter end. It was releasing self-imposed ideas and a lot of people (family and friends) who tried to show me a “better way”…. not that they (family and friends) are gone from my life; they are simply not running my decisions and emotions anymore. 

I gave away “I care” and replaced it with carefree. I sat with my pity, my self-loathing, and childish ego for long conversations and received no logical response BUT I found a lot of insight in my own query. I discovered that most of it (my stuff) was purely unfounded illusion and expectation of the way life “should” be.

To say, “yes” to the world and my illogical life seemed to open my eyes to more than the tiny little self I became in my tiny little bubble of “No”. I found expansion is freedom located in the form of acceptance that equates to simple possibility and “yes” is the key.

We can do one of two things – we can work with life, or let life work us. So if you feel abandoned by happiness you have chosen to be worked over (which happens to all of us at some point) just know we don’t have to stay there downtrodden and beat-up. It isn’t about fighting; it is simply knowing when enough is enough and getting rid of restrictions.


Don’t hate your life, nothing can come to us in the mind-set of hate… it slams the door shut tight in our face. Give life some love and I promise life will love you in return. Yes, it really is that simple. (dl)

No comments: