Friday, June 11, 2010

PLAYING LIFE

I am often asked how I keep my glass ½ full, smell the roses, etc. and my reply is, "It’s a game."

I have learned to play life.
When you figure out the way to manipulate your next move and recognize how easy it is to give and receive, you will see, playing the “game” is challenging and majic.

When you pay attention to the subtle signs and signals it will bring a smile and deeper understanding of what has been given to you. It doesn't take long to remember (as you begin your game) that you can create and play your hand just as you desire.

Rules to use and rules to break open...
If you are stuck and you ask for the next move (with your highest intentions behind the inquiry), the answers will be laid out right in front of you. But don't hesitate, you will not get the same answer twice and your answer(s) may take many forms. It can be a received as a physical motion or an idea or thought that suddenly appears. It can come in the wind, come in a phone call, come as a message from another in the spoken word or music and so on.

Looking for guidance is common, but you also must be prepared to take the truth.

Many times (when I play) I have received an answer that I did not want or expect.  Sometimes it takes a bit of investigation to figure it out but eventually it makes perfect sense. As a part of the game, I understand that anticipation of an outcome is detrimental.  The answers will come when you ask ~ so heed the token gestures.

If,  for example you are running late for an appointment and you can’t find your keys, then there is traffic, breath in to this and smile. Take comfort in the moment and understand that you may be detained to prevent you from harm.

Annoyances are gifts from the Universe.

If you breathe into your frustrations you can see how much it affects your body and state of mind.
The time comes and goes in an instant and the old adage of “the hurried I go the more behind I get”  holds true.  It is no secret, it is not scientific, or religious it is the law of give and receive.

Practice giving and gracefully receiving.  Practice the art of life, practice playing the game and thanking the universe for all you are and all you may be. (DL)

1 comment:

Jane said...

So well put, I love your blog, such an inspiring spirit. I agree, look at life in this perspective and then you will be open to what it is offering you in each moment. Thanks for your inspirational words! :) ♥