Monday, June 21, 2010

~ The world I lived in ~




Art is my passion, music is my inspiration, simplicity is my mission.
I am an artist, I am a dancer. This artistic world I lived in was in direct opposition to most.
As a young artist I was in the midst of the misfits, sexuality, drug addicts, the underbelly of society and most of my patrons could not relate to the desolate stage of how I was living.
I questioned authority, ran with scissors in my hands, lived hand to mouth ~ happily ~
I could float across the stage like a feather but my flight was induced by a drug infected state of mind - Altered, by choice, and taking my stand, rebelling against  the “ normality” through my artistic expression.
A bit of a cast off, yet I made peace with that long ago. I learned to smile with the ones enjoying the art even though we were living in opposition. Our love of creativity was a common thread.
This opened  a new space in my heart for me. Understanding that two ends of the spectrum can collide in a moment and be one.
It really does not mater where we come from, it is how we get there and share.
Affirm: I bring joy to others through my art.
Ahhh I could dance and I can create. All I ever wanted was to have fun, be happy and I vowed at a very young age to do so, so I do. Hold my hand and come with me. Let your spirit soar. Don’t give up on mind expansion, learn and grow. Dance until your feet hurt. Write until you can’t hold a pen anymore, paint until the colors blur. Live in the moment, and smile with your body (DL)

No comments: