Tuesday, June 29, 2010

~ Spiritual weight ~

While at my daughters choir concert I found myself in deep duress as I watched the parade of obese children enter the auditorium.  (This is not the first time I have been upset about these children. ) They waddled in and took their designated places on the stage. I watched them fidget as all teens do, mess with their hair, pull at their clothing but I was just overcome with sadness this night as I felt their hearts and I looked at the eyes of these obese children.
The hardest part to digest  is the majority of these children will fight this obesity all their lives. Trapped in a body that is unhealthy.

Being spiritually happy is not just in the mind, it is also in the body with spirit. How can we consciously raise the conscience of our children when their bodies are completely out of alignment ? How can they be in tune when their hearts are beating faster and harder just to function, I repeat just to function? Where does it start and stop?

We are raising a new breed, a new species of large, unhealthy little souls. It seems to get worse every year.  With this unhealthiness comes the mental anguish - children with disease, with issues, children with no self esteem, children in depression.

The notion of honoring the vessel we occupy seems to be a lost art. These children can not begin to love when food is in the way, the instigator and the obsession.  Every aspect of their lives revolves around their inabilities to participate in living. They are restricted because their bodies are not working properly, and working overtime to barely keep up.  Their minds are clogged,  the blood flow slows, the heart rate increases, the onset of disease hits much earlier. How do we embrace these little souls when their bodies are too big to hold?

When the mind can not let go of the negative personal image, it can alter the joy these children should have in their lives no mater what the ethnicity, or where they are financially. This is a universal problem crossing all the lines and the borders. Food is now the substitution for the lack of love in these baby souls.

I do not have an answer.  I want to scoop them all up and show them their beauty inside and out.
A beauty most will never get a chance to see. The new society, I can only hope will have a backlash when the unhealthy wake up to see the devastation of little souls that has been created.  Again I say I do not have an answer, just a wish to the universe for some kind of an end to the war of the unfit and unhealthy. (DL)

No comments: